What To Expect
Complete the pre-application questionnaire below to help us get to know your business.
If you meet initial eligibility requirements, you will be matched with a community lender after completing the pre-application. Lenders will then request additional documentation to determine if your business is ready for a loan. If so, they will determine the loan terms and amount best suited to your business.
Community lenders will assist with every step of the application and can connect you with additional support services if needed.
Complete Your Pre-Application Now
Be prepared for what’s next:
If you are matched with a community lender after completing the pre-application, your lender will request the following documentation as part of your full loan application. Lenders will use this information to determine if your business is eligible to receive a loan at this time.
- Most recently filed tax returns, if available and required by the lender; if not available, internally generated financial statements or other documentation used to determine cash flows
- Schedule of ownership (name, address, Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number, phone number, email, percentage ownership for any owners with more than 20% ownership)
- Personal guarantee from each owner of at least 20% of the small business borrower
- Executed Borrower Attestation Form and SEDI-Owned Business Certification (to be provided by lender)
- Evidence of legal formation of business entity (Articles of Incorporations and/or Bylaws)
- Personal credit report (if applicable)
- Other documentation required by the community lender at or after the time of application
- Between 36 and 72 months
- Loans of up to $150,000
- No prepayment penalties
- No origination fees
- Fixed interest rates for the life of the loan
- Rates range from 9.5% to 12.5%, depending on length of the loan
Eligible businesses and nonprofits must have:
- Existing operations in New York State
- 100 or fewer full-time employees
- Less than $5 million in gross annual revenue
- Been in business for at least 1 year prior to application
- Demonstrated ability to repay loan through previous and projected cash flow
Due to a limited amount of funding availability and the high volume of applications expected, it is anticipated that not all applicants will be able to receive a loan. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be managed to support the program’s goals. The time it takes to process an application will depend on the volume of applications received by the matched community lender. Please note that submitting an application is not an indication of eligibility and does not mean that a loan will be approved or funded. Additional information will be requested in your application that will determine your eligibility for a loan. We recommend applying as soon as possible. All rates and loan terms may be subject to change. Loans available via this program are business loans only and not loans for personal, family or household purposes.